Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome to Life.Ink.Scraps!

Welcome! If you've found me from LifeInk, the Wordpress blog I formerly coauthored with my dear, talented friends Ashley and Erin, then you know that we've decided to branch off into three separate blogs - and this is mine! Our blogs, like ourselves, will remain best friends, however, and for now you'll be able to see all three on LifeInk still, as we link our new blogs there. We felt that each of us was "growing into" our respective niches and needed more space to grow as different writers with different focuses. Although this blog is far from complete and is pretty rough around the edges, please hang in there with me while I learn about the Blogger platform and how to make things pretty :). I decided, instead of putting off starting until I had everything perfect, I'd better just start and we'll figure things out together as we go. When Ashley and Erin have their new blogs up, I will certainly link to them and encourage you to visit these awesome, creative ladies too!

Now, back to me :D. I landed on the name Life.Ink.Scraps. because I feel this name beautifully describes the three-pronged approach I'll be taking here. First, "Life" - if you don't want to occasionally hear about my toddler's funny antics, or my crazy mommy experiences, then you have my permission to gracefully bow out now.
My family - me, Cai, hubby Josh, and Avyn
My everyday, ordinary life will be a big part of my blog, obviously because my life affects everything I write and create, and being a mommy affects my life the most.
Second, "Ink" refers to writing, and it's kind of obvious. But beyond the "duh, this is a blog" writing aspect, I hope to also share poetry, bits of creative writing, and other sorts of "inspirational/challenging/devotional writing" posts as the muse strikes me.
Third, and this is perhaps the biggest reason I am writing this blog, is "Scraps." Digital (and a little paper) scrapbooking is a huge part of my life, my creative outlet, and a way for me to be "me" outside of being a mommy/wife/sister/daughter/editor/fill in the blank. I want to share my pages with you all, share cool products I've found, talk about fun events in the digiscrap community, and really just have fun and participate in this amazingly international, diverse creative community! I'm on several creative teams so you'll often see posts relating to those (more about that aspect in a future blog post), but this will never become a "hi, here's my layout, here's the product, go buy it, ok bye" type of blog. That even sounds boring to me!
Finally, these three areas obviously bleed into each other a lot. For example, most of my scrapping is about my life, and the same goes for my writing. I may write about scrapbooking and photography. And if you ever have a question or idea that you'd like to see me write about, please share! Leave a comment or send me an email, I'd love to hear from you.

I want this to be an interesting, fun, stimulating, conversation-starting, happenin' type of blog - I want to get to know you! There's so much information online about scrapbooking and memory keeping in general, more than I could ever find. I'd love to hear of a new designer or store you adore, a new product you can't live without, or a fun challenge/chat/game out there in digiland.

Thank you in advance for joining me on this journey through my life, writing, and scrapping! Oh, and if you have any tips on how to create a great Blogger blog, please leave a comment - I need your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment