Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Project Life, Set-up and Week One

So I decided, again, to get over my guilt and resurrect this blog. I want a place to post my Project Life pages, because I LOVE doing them and I want to talk about it!
No pressure on myself at this point, no big plans - just my own little corner of the web to share my crafty adventures.

My Project Life Setup
Cover Page
I know everyone has a different basic "plan" for Project Life, and I figured this is a good place to start. I'm using the Seafoam core kit, big pack of Design A page protectors, and a WRMK 12x12 Aqua album
I also subscribe to the Studio Calico Project Life kit. I've known since last fall that I wanted to start this project in 2013, so I jumped on the waiting list waaaay back when it was first announced (early November maybe?). I love getting a coordinated set of supplies every month with fun embellishments, matching alpha, and cute journal cards. 
Week 1 spread
I also usually work in a little hybrid fun each week, whether that's a whole journal card(s) or some word strips, tags, or other embellishments I print and cut out. I usually use Designs by Lili's photo collages to arrange my pictures, and sometimes I add a digital stamp or embellishment on a photo before printing. 
Most of my printing is done through Walgreens, I love the 1-hour convenience. I also print some at home, on my little photo printer. For hybrid stuff I use the awesome Epson Premium Matte Presentation paper
Week One
I decided to start with Monday, December 31st, to keep a full week together. Plus it was fun to document how we "closed out" 2012!

For my cover page and Week 1 spread, I used cards and embellishments from the Studio Calico kit and Seafoam, plus a couple other pieces of paper from my stash and digital items I printed. The NYE card uses Designs by Lili's Photo Collages 4. My favorite cards are the pieces I cut from my kids' art project! Oh - and lots of washi. I love washi tape. 
The potty people on my cover page are spritzed with various spray inks, and I designed my own little "you right now" cards for each of my kids. If I ever get a decent photo of me and my husband, I'll add that somewhere. 
So that's week one! I plan to catch up my blogging by posting a few weeks at a time until I'm current. 

No comments:

Post a Comment